“Hard water.” It describes water with a high percentage of dissolved minerals (calcium, iron, etc). It damages appliances, leaves spots on dishes and glasses, and causes clothes to become harsh and starchy. It’s a problem in our area, as water in southeast Minnesota is harder than the national average.
However, there is no need to despair! Gander Plumbing installs Pentair water softeners. We also service and repair other brands of softeners.
So how do you know if you need a water softener in your home? Here are some signs of hard water:
- Dry skin
- Dull or dried out hair
- Difficult to get your soap or shampoo to lather
- Clothing that fades faster than usual
- White spots on dishes and glassware
Benefits of Water Softeners in Rochester MN Homes
Once you get a water softener, you will notice a significant difference. It will not only make you feel better, but it will help your appliances last longer and save you money.
Here are some main benefits of water softeners:
- Soap is able to lather and rinse cleaner
- Softer and cleaner hair
- No more soap scum or fixture scaling
- Fewer spots and cleaner dishes
- Dishwasher uses less soap, lasts longer and operates more efficiently
- Saves money on laundry machine additives and detergent
- Cleaner, whiter, brighter clothes
- More efficient and longer lasting washing machines
- Cleaning products work better
- More efficient water heaters
- Plumbing is protected with less mineral build up
Get rid of hard water today!
If you are ready to get rid of the hard water in your home and enjoy the benefits of soft water, give us a call! We can be reached at 507-289-5900 or you can Request a Free Estimate.